Lesson Focus: All About Me - Creating a Prezi presentation which describes each student. –
Students will work with a partner to create a Prezi presentation which
describes each student. The students will present their Prezi to the class,
along with their artistic representation and answer any questions.
Timeframe: (Part 2) Three 45 Minute periods
"I can" statements
I can effectively communicate my understanding in a digital format.
I can use a graphic organizer to create an organized, detailed presentation.
Students will communicate effectively and clearly and respond personally and critically.
· demonstrate effective active listening habits in multiple cultural contexts
· ask and respond to questions to seek clarification of others' ideas to consolidate information
· respond to and give directions that are multi-step with increased complexity
· use social conventions such as turn-taking, politeness*, when to speak and when to listen, in a range of conversations and cooperative play situations in multiple cultural contexts
Students will convey meaning by creating print and digital texts collaboratively and independently using imagination, personal experiences , and feelings.
· express ideas in complete thoughts using simple, compound and complex sentences.
· label and define drawings to explain ideas/topics
· understand and apply readers'/listeners' comments to clarify meaning
Students will use a range of strategies to develop effective writing and media products to enhance their clarity, precision and effectiveness.
· include information that is relevant and purposeful for an intended audience
· work with a partner, in small groups, and independently, to create writing
· Drafting: Writing is connected to pre-writing. Write on a single topic, with a beginning, middle and end, some elaboration and organization
· Re-read their writing to monitor meaning and message and include information that is relevant and purposeful for an
· Revision: make changes to writing to clarify meaning
· Publishing/information sharing: publish student-selected final pieces of writing that demonstrate grade level traits and conventions
All About Me graphic organizer (on paper or computer/iPad)
Example - All About Me graphic organizer
How to create a Prezi Presentation
How to insert an image into a Prezi Presentation
How to edit and save a Prezi Presentation
Rubric (printed copy of rubric for each group)
Assignment: All About Me Prezi Presentation
· Communicate and Collaborate · Apply and Interconnect
· Find and Validate · Create and Publish
· Critical thinking
This lesson follows the lesson All About Me (Part 1) and will be completed simultaneously with the All About Me - Creating an Artistic Representation. . . . . . Half of the class will be creating their Prezi Presentations while the other half of the class will be working on their All About Me Art.
Explicit Teaching (I Do)
The teacher shows his/her graphic organizer example and a Prezi Example; showing the students how pictures and more detailed text enhances the presentation.
Say: You will now share your All About Me graphic Organizer with your partner and together you will make a Prezi Presentaion "All About _________ and ____________. After the students have had a chance to share their completed graphic organizer, with their partner; display the rubric on the SmartBoard and go over the expectations.
Give each group a copy of the assignment.
Groups (We do)
1. Students share their graphic organizers with their partner.
2. Students watch the video How to create a Prezi Presentation . They then login to Prezi and use their graphic organizer to begin creating their Prezi Presentation.
3. When students are ready to insert a picture into their presentation they will watch the video How to insert an image into a Prezi Presentation. They will then insert pictures, symbols, etc. into their presentations. (Students are encouraged to play with the program to discover other features).
*Teacher monitors students progress, making notes on how groups are working together and conference with groups who to prompt them to include: more detail, complete sentences, complex sentences, images which enhance the meaning of the text, etc.
4. When the students feel that they have completed their presentation they will watch the video How to edit and save a Prezi Presentation. Students then make any needed or desired changes to their presentation and Save their Prezi.
Time to Share
Circle time: End of each day students share 1 thing they have learned. (It may be something about their partner or the Prezi program)
Once everyone has finished their Prezi presentation and Art activity they will be presenting them to the class in the lesson All About Me Sharing and Reflecting.
· Working with a partner helps students who have difficulty reading and/or understanding the content.
Enrichment: Students discover other elements of the Prezi program.
Students share their discoveries with their peers.
Students assist other students who are having difficulty navigating the Prezi program
· Make notes under each outcome for individual students using the iPad app "iDoceo" Graphic Organizer
· Graphic Organizer
· Prezi Presentation